Friday, February 20, 2009

Eye Opener: CSPI


For this post, we were supposed to pick an activity from the calander. I choose to tour the food supply. This website had a bunch of facts about food. I told where it came from, how it was made, and even had other health facts. It was actually very interesting.

After "Touring the Food Supply", I should probably be one of the least healthy people in the world. All of my meals consist mainly of meat because I really don't like vegtables. I have recently been trying to squeeze more vegtables into my diet, but I still don't enjoy them.



One thing that shocked me the most is the amount of animals being slaughtered. Where is all of this meat going? I'm preatty sure I don't eat half of an entire cow every year. Who is making up the differance?



One thing I not sure about is that vegitarians are less sick, and get sick less often. All I eat is meat, and I am almost never sick. I think what they were saying is that it's more long term types of illnesses. I can believe that with all of the fat in the meat and eating everything deepfried.



I have already been trying to eat healthier, but reading this makes me really want to cut back on the amount of meat that I eat. If I keep up the diet that I have now, I don't think it be too good for me.

1 comment:

  1. Randy,
    Good Post. One thing that I think is interesting is that the last couple years have been the low carbohydrate diet, in which you're not suppose to eat hardly any carbohydrates. Now after this weeks subject about not eating so much meat, I guess the only thing left is salad! Too bad for me that my favorite meals are pasta w/meat sauce and a nice T-bone steak!

    ReplyDelete