Friday, May 1, 2009

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group



The product that I use is Crest Fluoride anticavity toothpaste, whitening plus scope extreme.






I found this very surprising. I wouldn't have ever guessed that there would be chemicals linked to cancer in my toothpaste. I looked at the list of chemicals in this product and some of them were rated at a 9 out of 10. Even with these chemicals, my toothpaste was still only a 5 out of 10 on the scale. It's hard to imagine what's in the products that are rated a 10. Something else I find scary is the the warning on the lable says "Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age". This is the stuff we're putting in our mouths. It also says that if you swallow more than what you use for brushing, you should contact poison control. Can't we find something better to clean our teeth? I think that I will probably use this site for some research before I buy any new cosmetic products.

1 comment:

  1. Randy,

    Nice to know that something your putting in your mouth has potential to cause you harm. It's amazing the value we put on having nice white teeth!

    ReplyDelete